Monday, February 14, 2011

St. Valentine's Day

I never had a good Valentine's Day until I met my husband.  And now I can look forward to a pleasant evening and warm loving feelings every year.  We never go out on Valentine's Day.  We tend to avoid going out on holidays--the restaurants are crowded, the food is more expensive, and you have to worry about drunk drivers on the way home.  But we have developed a tradition of buying some of our favorite food that is a little more pricey than our average fair and cooking a fancy dinner at home.  Well, really David usually cooks dinner.  I'm a better baker than a cook, and David is so good at cooking meat.  Tonight we will be eating steak...mmmm, forbidden steak.

This afternoon I was surprised with a doorbell ring and flowers from Bachman's delivered to my door.  Is there anything better than delivered flowers?  This bouquet of roses is truly amazing.  I think it's the most beautiful bouquet I've every seen.



The card below the flowers is my gift to David.  I love to make handmade cards, especially for people whom I know will appreciate it.   Here's a closer look:




Simple and sweet.  I hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Day, with whomever you may be celebrating.


1 comment: