Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Makeover

I wish I could be beautiful and stay young forever.  As that is not an option, I have decided that I need to reconsider my approach to my appearance.  I have never been a makeup person.  When I was a teenager I scoffed at my classmates who spent hours in front of the mirror to fix their face.  "Youth is Beauty," I used to say.  "Older women wear makeup so their skin can look like yours does naturally".  I always thought that the natural look was the most beautiful. 

Enter womanhood.  I turned thirty this winter, and I definitely am beginning to show it.  I have very light, thin skin that shows the finest lines around the forehead, eyes, and lips.  I decided I need to start treating my skin with retinol to keep these lines from getting deeper.  My dear friend Bonnie gave me a $50 gift certificate to Target, and she was kind enough to come over and watch my Little Ones while I browsed at the store.  I bought Neutrogena Deep Wrinkle treating daily moisturizer, some Loreal mineral powder foundation, concealer, and eye shadow.  I really need to get some lipstick too, but I'd rather go to Macy's and get some Clinique lipstick.

Now the challenge will be to find time in the day to apply these products to my face.  Generally I have to try and do these sorts of things when my Little Ones are looking the other direction or busy elsewhere.  Maybe I need to try a new approach in order to make a skin care regimen for myself.

3 comments:

  1. Make sure you're putting the retinol on at night and boosting your sunscreen use. It helps the wrinkles, but increases your sensitivity to UV light, thus making you more suceptible to wrinkles. Sucky, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, Kelly. The lotion I bought is SPF 19, but I'll have to remember to reapply.

    And thanks for reading my new blog. You are my writing hero, so it means a lot to me that you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smmmmooooooooocccccchhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete