Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Quick Dinner

We didn't get to attend the annual Superbowl party our friends always host because my daughter has been unwell all day, so we stayed home.  I made a quick dinner for my two kids, Adele and Henry, and myself.  My husband fended for himself with a chicken sandwhich.  I wanted something that would be really easy on her stomach, because she keeps puking up everything I feed her.  I sauteed some garlic in olive oil and butter and tossed it with cooked spaghetti.  I served this simple pasta to my kids with some peas.  Then it was my turn.  My husband came home from work on Friday with a can of sardines in a mustard dill sauce.  I ate one sardines, then smashed two more into my noodles.  I had to add a little bit more butter for consistency.  I SHOULD have sauteed the whole thing in some white wine, but by the time I thought of it it was too late.  Finally I threw a handful of pitted calamata olives in there and served it to myself with a glass of water.  It was delicious.  I gave my husband a taste and he called it "very fancy"...which I took as a compliment. 

I'm sorry, I didn't think to take a picture.  I guess I'm not fully in the blogger frame of mind yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment