Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mission Statement

This is not my first blog.  I've tried before to write, but my posts were too few and far between, and the blog languished.  Why would anyone read a blog that only posts every few months, if then?  And what's the point in blogging if no one wants to read it?  So I believe I need to really commit to posting regularly on this blog if it is going to succeed.  In order to do that, I am going to generalize the blogging topics a little bit.  In the past, my blogs were too specific.  If I have a crafting blog, then I only post when I actually complete a craft.  But what if I go several months without crafting at all?  So this time I'm going to present this blog as an extension of myself.  It will be a vehical to share my crafting, baking, music, painting, and reading projects, in addition to talking about my feelings and experiences as a young wife and mother.

Another failure of my previous blogs:  I did not participate in the blogging community.  If I really want readers, I need to actually read and participate in other people's blogs.  So I am going to search out like minded people in the blogosphere so we can share and support eachother's endevors.  Do you think that I would enjoy reading your blog?  Post your link or send me an e-mail.  I will try to respond without delay.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Lucy, I think you're on the right track. Blogging, as fun as it is, is work. Fun work, sometimes lonely work in the first few months when no one knows your blog.

    My brain is always thinking of ways to turn an activity into a blog post. LOL.

    Thanks for puttin' me on your blog list. That makes my day and it's only 9 in the am.

    I look forward to reading about your crafting, baking, music, painting, and reading blogs.

    Loll.

    ReplyDelete